Thor: Love and Thunder is now available on Digital and will be released on 4K, Blu-ray and DVD September 27!
I saw the movie on the big screen, and I loved it! I am partial to the work of Taika Waititi, and his sense of humor shows throughout, especially in the first 30 minutes of the movie. Spoiler alert, the Guardians of the Galaxy helped a lot with that humor in the first few scenes!
Spoiler alert, and it is not a secret, we have a second Thor. Natalie Portman does a fine job in the role, and I really liked Russell Crowe as Zeus.
There’s a bad guy in town and getting rid of him is not so easy. And it is equally frustrating when the little ones of New Asgard are targeted. So, you’ll have to watch and see what happens! This is another must own movie for your library!
Marvel Studios’ beloved hero returns for a classic Thor adventure. Described as “emotional, exciting, and downright funny as hell” (Ben Kendrick, Screen Rant), Thor: Love and Thunder arrives on Digital September 8 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD September 27. Fans can add the film to their Marvel Studios’ movie collection and access exclusive bonus content including deleted scenes, a gag reel and audio commentary by legendary filmmaker Taika Waititi. Thor: Love and Thunder will also stream on Disney+ September 8:
Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder finds the God of Thunder (Chris Hemsworth) on a journey unlike anything he’s ever faced – one of self-discovery. But his efforts are interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of King Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), Korg (Taika Waititi) and ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who – to Thor’s surprise – inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjolnir, as the Mighty Thor. Together, they embark upon a harrowing cosmic adventure to uncover the mystery of the God Butcher’s vengeance and stop him before it’s too late.
Directed by Taika Waititi (“Thor: Ragnarok,” “Jojo Rabbit”), from a screenplay by Waititi & Jennifer Kaytin Robinson, Thor: Love and Thunder was produced by Kevin Feige and Brad Winderbaum.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Thor: Love and Thunder.
- Audio Commentary – Watch the film with audio commentary by director/writer Taika Waititi.
- Hammer-worthy: Thor and The Mighty Thor – Trace Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman’s journeys to becoming Thor and The Mighty Thor, respectively. Watch as the costars speak about the preparation behind embodying their legendary roles and describe how they combine their unstoppable forces.
- Shaping a Villain – This featurette introduces Love and Thunder’s primary antagonist, Gorr the God Butcher. Shining a light on the man who brings the character to life, this piece highlights his recruitment and process. Then fellow cast and crew reveal personal anecdotes.
- Another Classic Taika Adventure – This piece looks back on Taika Waititi’s journey taking over the Thor franchise and reinventing the God of Thunder. Revisit the moment Taika was announced as the new custodian of Thor and follow Taika through the production of Thor: Love and Thunder.
- Looking for Zeus – Thor, Valkyrie and Korg run into a few characters while seeking an audience with Zeus.
- Wasting Time – Star-Lord and Mantis convince Thor to help their cause.
- A Safe Vacation – A nonchalant Thor chats with a panicked Star-Lord and Mantis in the middle of chaos. An explosion thrusts Korg into the scene.
- Fighting For You – Zeus gifts Thor a special tool after overhearing a heartfelt conversation.
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer
I loved the movie! If you have seen it, then the goats make sense!
Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Natalie Portman as Jane Foster “The Mighty Thor”
Tessa Thompson as King Valkyrie
Christian Bale as Gorr
Taika Waititi as Korg “Old Kronan God” (voice)
Russell Crowe as Zeus
And the secret is out, in a future movie, Brett Goldstein of Ted Lasso fame is playing Hercules. When that Easter Egg appeared on screen, the entire audience gasped. I love Marvel movies and the extras during the rolling of the credits!!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this movie on digital.