My son was born 17 years ago. I started learning about the importance of probiotics soon after, when he would get an infection that required an antibiotic, the doctors always said to eat yogurt as well. This helped to keep the good bacteria numbers up while the antibiotic was working.
I now began to understand that antibiotics kill bacteria, they do not discriminate between those that cause illness, and those that promote gut health. Foods that contain probiotics help to replenish the good bacteria that the anti-biotic gets rid of, a by product of killing the infection in our body. I also learned, from my sister, that taking a daily probiotic helped the stomach under normal circumstances, for our day to day living. There are many articles now available explaining how gut health helps the entire body, and a large, healthy community of bacteria is achievable through supplements.
Why take pre and probiotics? The gut bacteria that live in your gastrointestinal tract help break down and digest food, communicate with your immune system, and keep inflammation down. Your entire body is helped by what is in your belly!
And then I found out about Seed, through a Wellness collective that I belong to, mamavation.com. It is run by my friend though the blog world, Leah. S. I have followed her and her wellness work for almost a decade and trust her work completely. When she recommended See University’s pro-biotics, I knew without question that it had to be one of the best probiotics in the industry. And then I did my own research to back-up my words and recommendation for you, since I believe in this product so strongly that I became a Brand Ambassador:
Seed’s probiotic is a synbiotic, combining 24 DNA verified human-based probiotic bacterial strains with a prebiotic and a strong capsule. It’s also biofermented in Europe and free of all 14 allergen classes under the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). That means they can sell in Europe and everything they are stating is backed by science.
With that starting point from Mamavation, I discovered:
1. To compensate for the longer shelf life of a refrigerated probiotic, Seed’s has extra billions of bacteria so that you are getting more than a sufficient amount to keep your gut working at its optimum.
2. Seed has 24 bacterial strains that are linked to benefits for digestive health, as well as other important body functions including heart health, and for women, reproductive health. Four of the strains were clinically-studied in humans to promote skin health.
3. Seed also contains prebiotics (the outer shell), which are a food source for the probiotics.
4. The capsule was scientifically created to survive digestion, and get the probiotics to the part of the gut that needs them!
5. Seed is made to pass European and Japanese standards which are higher than America’s standards.
6. No pesticide residue, specifically, glyphosate. I always look for organic food items for my family to cut down on pesticide residue, so this is great news.
7. No plastic in the packaging, and most of it is compostable! The sustainable refill system is wonderful!
Don’t worry about ingesting billions of these microorganisms, your body contains trillions, so you have plenty of room for 50+ billion more!
There is much more scientific info available on the website. For me, I can feel the effects from taking the top of the line in pre- and probiotics. And, I have a 15% discount for you, when you use my affiliate link:
USE code GAYNYCDAD for a 15% off the first month of your new Daily Synbiotic subscription. I Did! I love how this helps keep me regular!
Disclosure: All opinions are 100% my own. I am an affiliate in this program and receive commission. This product helps with improved digestion, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.