We saw the movie, and were quite surprised:
VENOM tells the evolution story of Marvel’s most enigmatic, complex and badass character Venom! Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) is a broken man after he loses everything including his job and fiancée. Just when his life is at its lowest, he becomes host to an alien symbiote which results in extraordinary superpowers – transforming him into Venom. Will these powers be enough for this new lethal protector to defeat great evil forces, especially against the far stronger and more weaponized symbiote rival, Riot?
Tom Hardy is brilliant as VENOM. Absolutely terrific. He has the perfect personality for this role, and also the necessary acting skills to portray what appears to be a schizophrenic. Appears to be, because there is actually another voice in his head and it is real. Tom played two characters on one body perfectly, it was incredible to watch, and highly entertaining. He really rose to the occasion and is perfect for this role!
And VENOM is a wise cracking anti-superhero. He might bite off a criminal’s head for a snack, as quick as saving a city. This voice in Tom Hardy’s head is hilarious. Some of the one liners are hysterical. We watched all the credits and they were spot on with their description of VENOM, he was Deadpool before Deadpool.
And when Michelle Williams turns into SHE-VENOM, the room exploded! This was an awesome scene, ending in one powerful kiss! (Sorry, spoiler!)
The perfect holiday gift, VENOM is filled with engaging bonus materials that will give fans even more of the action that they loved in theaters with over an hour of new content. The special features include an exciting Venom Mode, where fans will be able to engage with informative pop-ups throughout the film to reveal hidden references to the comics, deleted and extended scenes, a mini documentary called From Symbiote to Screen that covers the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Also a behind-the-scenes peek at some of the stunts, a look at Ruben Fleischer’s journey behind the lens, a featurette about what it took to create Venom on screen called Designing Venom. Symbiote Secrets reveals Easter Eggs and hidden references in the film Other bonus materials include multiple pre-visualization versions of some of your favorite scenes, Eminem’s incredible video for his hit song “Venom,” “Sunflower” from Post Malone and Swae-Lee (from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse), and an early sneak peek at Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the hottest movie in theaters right now!
The deleted scenes are terrific. There is a lot of commentary that is awesome explaining how they came up with this story line from the Spider-Man universe, without using Spider-Man. They also set up material for a second movie, I am ready now!
Own the VENOM Movie now! Enter my VENOM movie giveaway right now! It is a great gift for the coming holidays, or to buy with the holiday money you are about to receive! Mine is downloaded to se again!
VENOM: “Car Alarm” DELETED SCENE Sneak Peek! Out now!
Bonus Materials Include:
- Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom-fan may have missed!
- Deleted & Extended Scenes: These deleted and extended scenes will give fans even more of the Venom action they loved in theaters!
o Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
o Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
o San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.
- From Symbiote to Screen: A mini documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.
- The Lethal Protector in Action: Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the awesome Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.
- Venom Vision: A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.
- Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.
- Symbiote Secrets: Blink and you may have missed it! Enjoy the hidden references throughout the film.
- 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences: See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight chorography compared to the finished film.
- “Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek: Meanwhile in another universe…
4K Ultra HD™ Includes:
- Feature film presented with Dolby Vision high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound
- Also includes the film and special features on the included high-def Blu-ray
Disclosure: We received a copy of the movie to facilitate this review. All opinions are always 100% honest and our own.