Pecan Pie Roll Ups are like tiny pecan pies, just as good as large pecan pies, but made in an air fryer instead of an oven. *You can use homemade or thawed frozen pie pastry dough in place of the packaged crust. Use enough dough for a 9-inch (23 cm) single-crust pie, rolled out to a 10-inch (25 cm) circle.
My mom always made those boring days of being snow bound fun by making something special to eat or entertaining us with a craft. My memories of those snowy days with the wind chill factor too cold to go out are filled with memories of family times and discovering new food and fun activities.
Carrying on those traditions is something I continue to do with my grand children in Florida. It may not snow here but it sure does rain and sometimes it rains for days!
I thought it would be fun to share a favorite recipe with Mitch so he could share it with his family and readers to create pecan pie roll ups in their air fryers.
Courtesy of 5Ingredient Air Fryer Recipes by Camiila Saulsbury © 2017 www.robertrose.ca Available where books are sold.
Photo credit for images: Matt Johannsson / Reflector Inc.
Pecan Pie Roll Ups -Makes – 16 roll-up
- Preheat air fryer to 330°F (165°C)
- 6-inch (15 cm) round metal cake pan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray
Packed brown sugar, divided – 5 tbsp (75 mL)
Brick-style cream cheese, softened – 3 oz (90 g )
Egg 1 Large
Water – 1 tbsp(15 mL)
Refrigerated rolled pie crust – 1 (from a 15-oz/425 g package).
Pecan halves, finely chopped – 1⁄2 cup (125 mL )
- In a small bowl, stir together 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar and cream cheese until blended and smooth.
- In another small bowl, whisk together egg and water.
- On work surface, unroll pie crust. Spread with cream cheese mixture to within 1⁄4 inch (0.5 cm) of edge. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Cut crust into 16 equal wedges. Starting at a wide end, roll up each wedge toward the point.
- Place 5 to 6 roll-ups in prepared pan, spacing them evenly (refrigerate the remaining roll-ups). Lightly brush with egg wash and sprinkle with some of the remaining brown sugar.
- Place pan in air fryer basket. Air-fry for 24 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining roll-ups, egg wash and brown sugar. Discard any excess egg wash.
For increased flavor, toast the pecans before adding them to the recipe. Place pecan halves directly in air fryer basket and air-fry at 360°F (180°C) for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Let cool before chopping.
If you love your air fryer as much as I do then you may enjoy this low calorie donut recipe as well!
You can also read my honest review about this book here.
Vegan-101-150×150.jpg” alt=”Grace Hodgin Vegan 101″ width=”150″ height=”150″ class=”aligncenter size-thumbnail wp-image-24898″ />
|Grace Hodgin has been inspiring people to be crafty for over 40+ years. She is a free lance writer and fiber arts expert residing on the edge of the Ocala National Forest. Grace shares her vegan journey and recipes on her site at blessedelements when not guest posting for gaynycdad readers.|