Holiday Gift Guide For All! What do you give as gifts for Christmas, Chanukah, and all the other festive December holidays? Here is what I want to get, give, or have received, all items I highly recommend!
We needed an upgrade, so our first pick is the Xbox One S. The parents use it for the Blu-ray playing capabilities, and our teenager uses it for his video games.
1. “Destiny 2: Forsaken,” The New Addition To The Destiny Video Game Franchise, is Paul’s #1 Game! – Paul is 15 1/2 and this has been his favorite game for a few years. We received the recent iteration from Activision, and he loves it.
2. Blu-ray Movies – My favorite Blu-rays to own this year are Black Panther, Infinity War, Coco, and Ant-Man and the Wasp. That is all Disney, but my other, and it is in first pace, is Girl’s Trip, where I fell head over heels in love with Tiffany Haddish!
3. Toys – I love them all, these two stand-out!
A. Disney Junior’s “Hot Diggity Dance and Play Mickey” was so adorable when I saw it at a recent event that I asked for one for myself. I do have a three year old niece, and she is more than welcome to see how it works, but only in my house, I am not sharing this! I recommend this for children of all ages!
B. Chewbacca Mask – I received this as part of a gift box to celebrate the Blu-ray release of Solo: A Star Wars Story. By the way, we hesitated to pay to see the movie in the theaters and only saw it when we received the Blu-ray. The reviewers must be nuts, we thought it was one of the best Star Wars movies since they rebooted the series!
4. Pots and Pans – Ceramic is what I use, and then I was offered diamond pans! Depending on your budget, these two are the only ones I will use to cook for my family, no more Teflon.
A. Swiss Diamond: Swiss Made Nonstick Cookware – Higher End
B. Farberware Glide, Copper Ceramic Pots & Pans – Lower Price Range
5. Skinny Girl Personal Blender. I use mine every night for making health shakes. My son also uses it for various concoctions. I have some very expensive blenders, but feel safest with this one. The blade connects to the canister before it can get any electricity, so my fear about kids losing fingers ( I worry about everything) are allayed with this device, and I love it!
6. Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker – In a little over 30 minutes I have a fully cooked chicken, seasoned to perfection, for my family’s dinner. My family was excited to eat my cooking when it wasn’t burnt!
7. BenQ Computer Monitor – You deserve the best, and this monitor is a treat. It is scientifically designed to make your computer viewing, whether for work or for play (gaming) a more comfortable experience and is far more protective of your eyes than any other monitor! This is how you take care of yourself!
8. Cell phone batteries! Hub Plus to start from MyCharge. I love their products!
9. The K600 TV Keyboard From Logitech – In simplest terms, this keyboard turns your TV into a computer screen. The new must have item! Affordable and the perfect gift!
10. Last, but not least, Jenkins Jellies. This is a delicious jelly filled with a mix of hot peppers. We love hot sauces and spices in our house, and this is the perfect accompaniment to cheeses and charcuteries. Absolutely delicious. This is a perfect gift to bring to someone’s home, or serve at your holiday dinner party! Click to see my delicious Jenkins Jellies spread!
Disclosure: Some of the above items were received during the year for review, and some were not. I was not sent any items for specific inclusion in this gift guide, these are just my favorite items from 2018.