CityPASS is a booklet of admission tickets to the top sites in 12 North American destinations! From New York City, to Southern California, CityPASS is the must have pass for all travelers!
CityPASS is over twenty years young and still family-owned and operated. CityPASS has 12 cities and 78 attractions, has sold 17 million CityPASS ticket books, and has a customer recommendation rating of 98%. That is as close to perfect as anyone could hope for! And, they are still growing and looking to add more North American destinations, city #13 will be announced this April!
I sat and chatted with the CityPASS folks this past week, and was already a fan as my family had enjoyed CityPASS during our trip to San Francisco five years ago. It helped make our travels easier for many reasons, here are my top five:
1. Value: even if you do not take advantage of every single item in your chosen city’s CityPASS, you will still save money over the cost of individual admissions to each city’s top destinations.
2. Which sites to pick: we always buy a guide book to study before any vacation. They are usually 100’s of pages long. I count on my CityPASS to contain passes to my chosen city’s top tourist spots. This greatly simplifies the planning I need to do before and during my vacation.
3. Flexibility: do I want to add the San Diego Zoo to my Southern California CityPASS, or do I want to choose between The Harvard Museum of Natural History in Boston, or a Boston Harbor Cruise with my Boston CityPASS? I prefer a program that gives me options!
4. Coupons: my New York booklet contains various coupons and discounts for additional sites and stores! I am thrilled for that add-on!
5. Convenience: the San Francisco CityPASS includes transportation: a cable car and muni bus passport. Transportation is not included in all passes, but having visited San Francisco, I can share that being able to hop on and off cable cars all day long, without worrying about paying multiple fares, was a huge help.
Each CityPASS offers different things tailored to what works best for each of the 12 cities that CityPASS covers:
6. New York City
8. San Francisco
10. Southern California
11. Tampa Bay
Lastly, CityPASS has launched a Mobile Ticket Option for New York City and Tampa Bay, dramatically enhancing the convenience factor. The goal is to provide all the different cities with mobile passes by end of 2018 and in multiple languages!
We received CityPASS’s for our San Francsico trip five years ago through the San Francisco tourism folks. That is how I discovered, first hand, the top five reasons for traveling with a CityPASS. They are a must have when visiting any of the above cities.
Disclosure: We received CityPASS’s for NYC! All opinions are always 100% honest and our own.