Now graduated from college, the fabulous Bellas of Barden University are back for one last call in Pitch Perfect 3. Beca, Fat Amy and the rest of the Bellas are off to face a post a cappella champion world in the high-spirited closing act to the franchise that sparked a worldwide phenomenon. Pitch Perfect 3 arrives on Digital on March 1, 2018 and Blu-ray™, DVD, On Demand and via the all-new digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on March 20, 2018 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Filled with all-new musical performances, a hilarious gag reel, never-before-seen deleted footage and more, the exclusive behind-the-scenes bonus features make Pitch Perfect 3 a must-own film.
My family and I are huge fans of the Pitch Perfect franchise. We love all the movies, and all the Bellas. The singing, the snarkiness, and the competitions, all are fabulous! I am thrilled to own my own copy of Pitch Perfect 3, and to share with you why you need to own it as well!
My son is a singer, and we all love music, so this movie is a perfect fit for us. It might be slightly corny, but the road to success is rarely smooth as this movie shows. And that is similar to real life. And we can always count on the Bellas to win in the end, one way or another.
Another super entertaining movie from the Pitch Perfect team, I love these movies, and Pitch Perfect 3 does not disappoint!
Now graduated from college, realizing it takes more than a cappella to get by, all the Bellas return in the final chapter in the beloved series. After the highs of winning the World Championships, the Bellas find themselves split apart and discovering there are no job prospects for making music with only your mouth. But when they get the chance to reunite for a European USO tour, this group of awesome nerds will come together to make some music, and some questionable decisions, one last time.
Oscar® nominee Anna Kendrick (Pitch Perfect series, Up in the Air) Rebel Wilson (Pitch Perfect series, How to be Single), Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit, Pitch Perfect 2), Brittany Snow (Pitch Perfect series) Anna Camp (Pitch Perfect series, The Help), Hana Mae Lee (Pitch Perfect series, TV’s “The Patriot”), Ester Dean (Pitch Perfect series), Alexis Knapp (Pitch Perfect series), Chrissie Fit (Pitch Perfect series), Kelley Jakle (Pitch Perfect series, 42), Shelley Regner (Pitch Perfect series), Elizabeth Banks (Pitch Perfect series, Hunger Games series) and John Michael Higgins (Pitch Perfect series, TV’s “Great News”) all return and are joined by all-new cast members including John Lithgow (Netflix’s “The Crown,”), Ruby Rose ( John Wick: Chapter 2, Amazon’s “Orange is the New Black”) and award-winning producer/musician DJ Khaled. Returning to produce Pitch Perfect 3 is Paul Brooks (My Big Fat Greek Wedding series, Pitch Perfect series) of Gold Circle Entertainment and Max Handelman & Elizabeth Banks of Brownstone Productions, with Trish Sie (Step Up All In) directing the heart-warming musical comedy.
I love the bonus features of all the movies that I won, and the Pitch Perfect 3 bonus items are fantastic!
- Competition Crescendo – In this featurette we break down the riff-off scene, starting in pre-production in the recording studio and moving into production. We’ll also discuss the Bellas’ competition: EverMoist, Saddle Up, DJ Young Sparrow and DJ Dragon Nutz.
- Don’t Mess with Rebel – Rebel Wilson trained with stunts coordinator, Jennifer Badger, to prefect her many stunts that we see throughout the film. In this featurette, we’ll catch a glimpse of Rebel’s training and discuss the most bad-ass stunt of all – Rebel taking down four grown men in order to save the Bellas.
- The Headliner: DJ Khaled – We check in with cast and filmmakers to hear their reactions on the music producer/personality being brought on, how he fits into the story and the love he has for the Bellas.
- The Final Note: John and Gail – Everyone’s favorite Talk-a-pella podcasters are back, combining their resources to produce an exclusive d’aca’mentary following the beloved classic Bellas. We discuss their far-fetched endeavor with the cast and filmmakers to better understand our favorite aca-duo.
- Just Because He’s a Bad Guy – The cast and filmmakers were overjoyed to learn that legendary actor, John Lithgow was joining the Pitch Perfect family, and he did not disappoint! In this piece, we’ll witness how Rebel and John are two peas in a pod, making their on-screen chemistry as father and daughter truly sincere.
- “Freedom! ’90 x Cups” Official Music Video
- Deleted Scene
- Gag Reel
- New Musical Performances
- Fat Amy & Fergus Casino Duet
- The Bellas: “See You Smile” Lullaby
- A Cappella Action – In this piece, we break down the scene starting with Fergus betraying Fat Amy and kidnapping the Bellas, through the performance and wrapping up with Rebel Wilson as she performs the stunt of falling through the ceiling.
- The Women of Pitch Perfect 3 – With Elizabeth Banks, Trish Sie, and an all-female cast, the Pitch Perfect franchise is breaking down stereotypes and industry norms left and right. In this piece, we learn why that’s so important throughout the development and production of Pitch Perfect 3.
- The Final Performance – In this heart-warming piece, fans will witness the genuine love and sisterhood between the Bellas both on and off camera as they get a behind-the-scenes look at the emotional wrap of the film and production.
- Hollywood of the South – Hollywood may be the “Entertainment Capital of the World” but Atlanta is a close second – morphing into a metropolis for film productions and the cast and crews couldn’t be happier. We hear from them about the hospitality, versatility and southern welcome they experienced during their stay.
- Extended Musical Performances
- Evermoist: “How a Heart Unbreaks”
- Young Sparrow / DJ Dragon Nutz: “You Got It”
- Saddle Up: “Ex’s and Oh’s”
And of course I met one of the Bellas, Brittany Snow!
Follow along on social as well:
Disclosure: I received a copy of the combo pack to facilitate this review. All opinions are always 100% honest and our own.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.