At a recent Disney Cruise Line event they explained that they are not a cruise company bringing you entertainment, they are an entertainment company taking you on a cruise. Who better to provide entertainment aboard a ship then Disney!
And who better to talk about it then STAN LEE! I live for his cameos in every Marvel movie!
12 years ago my parents took the family on a Disney Cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary: we even had a marriage vow renewal ceremony for them with the Captain of the ship. That is the only cruise I had ever been on and it was fabulous. Our son was about two years old, so watching everything through his eyes was magical. I have memories of him running through the sand at Castaway Cay, telling my mom, “Look at me Grandma” as he ran into the water by himself. We knew he was safe as we had been in the water with him earlier and seen the nets out there to keep the large fish away. I can’t remember yesterday, but from 12 years ago, I will never forget that happy moment!
I know first hand that Disney cruises are wonderful. And this week I learned about a new theme on some of their ships that had me ready to plan another family trip!
In 2018, Disney Cruise Line guests will celebrate Marvel Day at Sea on the Disney Magic during eight special voyages from Miami departing January through April. The new Marvel Day at Sea voyages from Miami follow the premiere of the epic event on seven special sailings from New York City in the fall of 2017. New character interactions and an immersive show with Doctor Strange take center stage in the lineup of entertainment throughout the day-long celebration on all Marvel Day at Sea cruises.
1. All Marvel movies, all the time. And Marvel shows from Disney XD! And if you are on a cruise when a new Marvel movie is released, you get to see it on the ship. Yes. brand new Marvel movies on the ship!
2. Marvel characters all day long. Even Black Panther and Loki! If you know me, my blog, and my social media, then you know that posing with characters is one of my favorite things to do. There are character interactions and photo opportunities. Here’s a teaser of an interaction with a Marvel Hero from our recent trip to Walt Disney World, not what you might see on the ship, but just as fun:
3. For young heroes-in-training, Marvel-themed games, activities and arts and crafts will be offered throughout the day in the Marvel’s Avengers Academy in the Oceaneer Club.
3. It’s a cruise, so there is plenty of food! And Marvel themed food and drink on this day! Also, your wonderful serving staff follow you through the different dining establishments, so that every evening you have the same folks helping you: they get to know you and what you need.
4. During an immersive show in the Walt Disney Theatre, Doctor Strange demonstrates the power of the mystic arts and enlists guests in an epic battle against the Dark Dimension. I am a big fan:
5. They will have ships leaving from New York! For our last cruise we had to fly to Florida. I would much rather take a cab across town to get on the boat!
6. Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay. I have been there, so I can tell you first hand it is absolutely wonderful. I hope that huge barbecue lunch is still there!
7. A day at Walt Disney World is included! With park hopper!
8. Special Marvel activities all day. And, exclusive Marvel merchandise! I only have 16 Marvel themed t-shirts, I need more!
9. The deck party culminates in a stunning display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects and the largest collection of Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains ever assembled on a cruise ship. By nights’ end I will have taken pictures with each and every one of them!
10. Book before they sell out: visit http://www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact your travel agent!
Even my teenaged son is excited for this one! Click on the above link for more information, Marvel Day at Sea is only one thrilling day of your exciting week on this cruise.
And I never leave a room without a celebrity picture, here I am with Clayton, Disney Cruise Director extraordinaire! Many folks that I know have been raving about the great work Clayton does for Disney since I first posted our picture!
Disclosure: I attended a luncheon to learn about the Disney Cruise Line and received some promotional items. No compensation was received. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.