I love everything Entenmann’s!
NATIONAL DONUT DAY FUN FACTS
• National Donut Day commemorates the “donut lassies,” female Salvation Army volunteers who provided writing supplies, stamps, clothes-mending, home-cooked meals, and of course, donuts, for soldiers on the front lines.
• With limited resources, these treats were fried, only seven at a time. The Salvation Army’s Ensign, Margaret Sheldon and Adjutant Helen Purviance, cleverly thought of frying donuts in soldiers’ helmets. Approximately 250 Salvation Army volunteers provided assistance to American soldiers in France, starting in 1917 during WWI.
• Entenmann’s® Bakery produces more than 780 million donuts a year to keep up with the demands of Entenmann’s donut lovers nationwide.
• The Rich Frosted Donut has been Entenmann’s® #1 seller since its introduction in 1973.
• The Salvation Army is located in more than 120 countries worldwide. In 2015, nearly 30 million Americans received assistance from The Salvation Army’s 3,500 officers, 60,700 employees and 3.5 million volunteers.
But Wait! As a part of the National Donut Day festivities, Entenmann’s is hosting a “Win Free Donuts for a Year” Facebook Sweepstakes, awarding 10 Grand Prize winners one year of free Entenmann’s Donuts. In addition, 100 of those who enter, will be selected to win National Donut Day Party Pack Prizes, which include everything they need to throw their own National Donut Day party at home! For every consumer (fan or not) that enters the Facebook Sweeps, $1 will be donated to The Salvation Army, up to $35,000!
And if you are in NYC, come by in the morning on June 3rd for free donuts and coffee on Broadway, just above Union Square between 17th and 18th Street! I’ll be there!
One lucky reader of the GayNYCDad award winning blog, will receive an Entenmann’s prize package! The package includes the following: 5 $7 Entenmann’s Coupons, one $25 AMEX gift card, Entenmann’s Party Plates & Napkins, one National Donut Day T-Shirt and one Rich Frosted Donut Plush Toy with a Party Hat!
It is a special celebration this year as Entenmann’s is rolling out the NEW Entenmann’s Rich Frosted Party Sprinkled Donut, an iconic treat made just for National Donut Day 2016!
Mandatory Entries: Sign up for my blog via subscription and confirm your subscription! Leave a comment to tell that you have done so and the RSS feed does not count.
1. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/gaynycdad (click above right).
2. Share this contest on your Facebook page using the button on the bottom of the post and share that link in your entry comment here.
3. Retweet this info (you can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post) and leave me a comment with a link to your retweet.
4. Retweet daily and leave a comment daily that you have done this.
5. Extra entry for leaving a comment on a non-giveaway post – you must leave a comment here as well to tell me that you have done so to get the entry.
6. Visit the GayNYCDad Facebook
page here, leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so.!
7. Follow GayNYCDad on
Instagram and leave a separate comment!!
8. Follow GayNYCDad on
Pinterest and leave a separate comment!!
9. Follow GayNYCDad on Google Plus! And leave a separate comment!!
10. Subscribe to the
GayNYCDad Youtube channel and leave me a comment here stating that
You must leave a separate comment in the comments field for each entry that you make to be entered! If you are already any of these things, to enter just leave a separate comment reminding me of that! Contest ends midnight, May 29, 2016. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours. Maximum winnings of 2 giveaways per every 90 days. See official rules for more information.
Every entry requires a separate comment!
Thanks and good-luck.