Top Five Benefits of Taking Culturelle’s Probiotics!
I almost completely stopped attending blog events in my area, but when I was invited to this one to learn more about the Culturelle probiotic line, I immediately responded Yes!
I have been taking probiotics for years. I started at the recommendation of a nutritionist I used to see. I have not veered from the brand he recommended in over five years ago. I thought tis event would be a great opportunity to learn more about this subject, after all, in my age group, this is a hot topic!
I had been under the impression that probiotics needed to be refrigerated since you have to ingest live bacteria. Turns out that is not true. The folks at Culturelle explained to me their process of preparing the product for sale, it is specially packaged to keep light, moisture, heat and air out – so it can be stored at room temperature or below. I know because I started taking the product almost a week ago (I was running out of my refrigerated brand so I went to his event for a new supply!), I can tell you first hand that I can feel it working!
As you can see from the above picture, 70% of our immune system lives on our digestive tract. One of the other things I learned at the event is that “gut” health is more important than we realize, it is important on a multitude of levels. It can help with your serotonin levels, thereby helping us with our moods, and keeping that in balance.
Top Five Benefits of Taking Culturelle’s Probiotics:
- Culturelle measures the amount of bacteria that your digestive tract will receive. I used to buy bottles that contained 20-30 billion bacteria. I learned that the important number is the amount that will stay intact when you consume the product, not the number in the product at the time of manufacture!
- I can now take probiotics when I travel! Now that I have a product that does not require refrigeration, I can pack this along with my vitamins.
- Over 1,000 scientific studies and over 25 years of research have shown or demonstrated the safety and efficacy of Lactobacillus GG, that is the probiotic strain in Culturelle which has been proven to be the most effective.
- Better than yogurt! Do you know how much bacteria is in the yogurt? Plus, there are too many other ingredients in there, like sugar or artificial sweeteners!
- They have a kids version! I used to make sure my son ate yogurt whenever he was on an antibiotic prescription because I knew the antibiotic killed the good bacteria along with the bad. I thought this would help somewhat to replenish the good bacteria, and now my son can take it daily as I do for his own gut health!
I learned at the event how important probiotics are for children, especially those delivered by C-section, and those not breast fed. I wish I knew this when my son was born. The aforementioned two processes add bacteria to infants to enable their digestive tracts to grow the proper digestive bacteria at the earliest ages. There are many ongoing studies to learn the benefits of early probiotic introduction to our children’s digestive tracts, I am very interested to follow along and learn about the new discoveries.
There are a multitude of Culturelle probiotic products, something for everyone. I am currently taking the one that also contains fish oil! I take that daily for brain power:
All the information you might want is at Culturelle.com. And coupons! This is my new probiotic product, I take it daily!
Disclosure: I received a gift bag with the above products at the event. All opinions are 100% honest and my own. I can honestly tell you that I will be buying this product for my daily use when the samples are done!