We recently returned from an 8 day trip to Walt Disney World where we decided to buy the Memory Maker photo pass for $170. The memory maker is regularly priced at $200, but if you purchase it within three days of the start of your trip, you get a discount.
We knew the Memory Maker included all the pictures you could take and took full advantage of it, taking photos with the characters every chance we could. Besides taking photos with the characters, photos of the rides are also included. There was even a photo of Peter showing off when he got bold in the above picture taken on the Dino ride in Animal Kingdom. Being a frequent visitor at Disney, we know when the picture is going to be snapped, so we try to have a little bit of fun with enjoyable poses!
And then there is the magic of the Memory Maker:
That is when your Disney photographer will tell you to pose a certain way, or act surprised, or any of several different poses. Magic happens. The above is one of my favorites from this past trip.
I decided we needed to collect as much magic as possible. This is when the fun really began with the Memory Maker:
Tinker Bell was everywhere!
I was on a mission to collect as much magic as possible. There was some old stuff, and some new stuff. And there is also seasonal magic for Halloween. Yes, I would get the Memory Maker and go back just to collect some of that. This is brilliant, and it is going to get even better!
Queen Elsa! The Trolls! And my favorite, Olaf! Part of the picture taking with the magic became part of our own memory making. We felt challenged to collect as much magic as we could!!
And it was accessible to me almost immediately! I had the Disney Experience app on my phone, with the Memory Maker connected, and the pictures, along with the magic, appeared almost instantly! I was able to share our magic all day long on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. For this ego centric blogger, it was FANTASTIC!!!!
I knew they now took pictures on the rides and had started to include a tiny video from that adventure for you. But I did not know they were including moving magic!
And then we got the shock of our trip! The magic moved!
OMG, this is what made the memory maker a million dollar experience for us. And I was also able to share these short videos on Facebook almost immediately. We had a blast, we cannot wait to return to Walt Disney World and there is no longer a question of whether or not to include the Memory Maker. We would not return without purchasing that to make every trip a million dollar experience!
5 Memory Maker Tips to Make a Magical Experience:
1. To make sure your children will participate, negotiate an agreement before you leave on your trip.
2. Do not hesitate to ask every Disney photographer that takes your picture to add magic. Different spots all over the four parks have different magic!
3. The videos were a surprise! I never knew when they would appear once we found out they were included! Again, this just made our time at Walt Disney World even more fun!
4. Do not wait until you are at Disney to buy the Memory Maker. Currently that price is $200, we saved 15% and only had to buy it with a minimum of three days lead time. Every discount helps! And link the Memory Maker to your account for immediate availability!
5. There is no limit. Take advantage of that and take as many pictures as the family will agree to. And then when they are burnt out, take the pictures by yourself!
OK, one more, just because the DVD is about to be released, your favorite and mine, from Inside Out, Anger!