This is a sponsored post in that I was given a credit to do some on-line grocery shopping and report back to you, my faithful readers, on the outcome.
I went shopping late on a Saturday night, sitting at my computer desk. I did what I do best, I shopped mostly for items on sale.
The sale items were clearly marked on the Peapod site, so that made it very convenient for me.
I tried to purchase something from almost every category to make this a well informed review. Did my frozen items come frozen? Were my chicken thighs (on sale of course!) delivered fresh? Were the tomatoes ripe but not over ripe? And did the plastic jugs of water come without damage? Yes to all. Everything was delivered in perfect condition and I was quite satisfied.
But why on-line shopping? Because I personally have been known to lug a shopping cart across Manhattan, and also in my car on trips to New Jersey and Staten Island to buy groceries. I am then laden down with huge amounts of paper products, beverages, and other sundries. My deliver charge was waved for me as a new customer for two months with Peapod, but even if it weren’t, the convenience of ordering a huge supply of tissue paper and beverages, and then having them show up at my door, was well worth the price. But more than that, I saved by not spending money on gas and tolls, and also by not paying the outrageous grocery costs associated with living in in Manhattan. When you shp in Manhattan you are not just buying groceries, you are also paying the stores rent! I can barely afford my own rent!
Some key points that stood out for me with the Peapod delivery service:
1. Coupons. You can use coupons. And they are doubled up to $.99 just like in the store! Also, save money with Weekly Specials, My Specials, and other money-saving discounts, my favorite way to shop!
2. You can choose from several pre-filtered categories such as gluten free.
3. You can “express shop” using items from prior orders to save even more time.
4. You can check recipes and shop accordingly.
5. You set your delivery time. I chose between 8-10 am. I received everything by 8:15 am. It was prefect and the delivery guy could not have been more polite. Lock in your delivery time before you shop!
There are several delivery services available for all of us to choose from. I like that Peapod is part of the Stop & Shop chain of stores, I know them to be a quality supermarket that I have shopped in. I like that I can see clearly what is on sale, what is on special, what I can buy in bulk, and that I can still use my coupons. Schlepping these groceries is a pain in the tush. There, I said what you all know I was thinking. When this delivery came I felt relief. I was low on water, we were almost running out of toilet paper, and diet ginger ale was on sale! I love cooking chicken thighs for my son and I every week, and we love the Knorr side dishes. They were on sale, almost half of what they cost in my local supermarket. So I stocked up on that and weight watcher meals that were at a great price. And you can see included in my haul above, I bought two packs of Gorton’s frozen seafood, something I just did a product review on, the whole line was 30% off! The bottom line is that this service pays for itself in regards to any future delivery fees that I will incur when my 2 month trial period is over, and no schlepping!!!
I suggest you go to Peapod.com and start shopping from home. You will be so happy you did!
One lucky reader, who must live in one of the five boroughs of NYC, of the GayNYCDad award winning blog, will receive a $100 credit to use with the PeaPod delivery service!
Mandatory Entries: Sign up for my blog via subscription and confirm your subscription! Leave a comment to tell that you have done so and the RSS feed does not count.
1. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/gaynycdad (click above right).
2. Share this contest on your Facebook page using the button on the bottom of the post and share that link in your entry comment here.
3. Retweet this info (you can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post) and leave me a comment with a link to your retweet.
4. Retweet daily and leave a comment daily that you have done this.
5. Extra entry for leaving a comment on a non-giveaway post – you must leave a comment here as well to tell me that you have done so to get the entry.
6. Visit my Facebook page here, leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so.
7. Follow me on Instagram and leave a separate comment!
8. Follow me on Pinterest and leave a separate comment!
9. Follow me on Google Plus! And leave a separate comment!
10. Subscribe to my Youtube channel and leave me a comment here stating that you did!
You must leave a separate comment in the comments field for each entry that you make to be entered! If you are already any of these things, to enter just leave a separate comment reminding me of that! Contest ends midnight, May 24, 2015. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours. Maximum winnings of 2 giveaways per every 90 days. See official rules for more information.
Every entry requires a separate comment!
Thanks and good-luck.