Did you know that in 2013, $118 billion was loaded on gift cards in the United States? However, while gift cards might seem to be the perfect gift for those difficult people on your list, an estimated $1.18 billion worth of gift cards purchased last year goes to waste, based on CEB TowerGroup’s annual gift card report. With more than 80% of consumers purchasing a gift card in 2013, a year-over-year increase in both amount cards purchased and money uploaded to cards, it’s important to ensure that cards get spent in a timely fashion to continue the downward trend in spillage.
You may have gathered from my various blog writings that I am a very thrifty person. I spend a lot of time making sure I do not lose a dollar anywhere, especially a gift card! I check balances and am very careful to spend them down to the last penny. I can see from the various folks in my life that I am in the minority and many people are not so meticulous or careful and probably lose some money by not paying attention or even forgetting that they have gift cards to spend! I love money and shopping so this does not apply to me, but this is a reminder to everyone out there, do not forget this is money already in your pockets!
And, if you are not the lucky winner here, I am sure the kids would love for you to spend some of that gift card money on Skylanders figures! We use the Skylanders figures with our 3 Skylanders video games, and my son also collects them! I bought him 6 Skylanders Swap Force figures for Chanukah this year, I am happy to enable this hobby!
One lucky reader of the GayNYCDad award winning blog, will receive a selection of 3 Skylanders Swap Force figures from the new wave, wave 3! Figures to be determined by sender.
Mandatory Entry: Sign up for my blog via a feedburner subscription and confirm your subscription! Leave a comment to tell that you have done so and the RSS feed does not count.
1. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/gaynycdad (click above right).
2. Share this contest on your Facebook page using the button on the bottom of the post and share that link in your entry comment here.
3. Retweet this info (you can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post) and leave me a comment with a link to your retweet.
4. Retweet daily and leave a comment daily that you have done this.
5. Extra entry for leaving a comment on a non-giveaway post – you must leave a comment here as well to tell me that you have done so to get the entry.
6. Join me via Google friend connect on the blog and leave me a comment to tell me that you have done so!
7. “Like” my Facebook page here, leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so. If you already like me, just leave a separate comment.
8. Follow me on Instagram and leave a separate comment!
9. Follow me on Pinterest and leave a separate comment!
You must leave a separate comment in the comments field for each entry that you make to be entered! If you are already any of these things, to enter just leave a separate comment reminding me of that! Contest ends midnight, February 9, 2014. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours. Maximum winnings of 2 giveaways per every 90 days. See official rules for more information.
Every entry requires a separate comment!
Thanks and good-luck.