Who said Turkey season was over? From the Academy Award®-Winning producer of Shrek* comes a hilarious animated adventure about two turkeys from opposite sides of the tracks who travel back in time in order to keep their species off the Thanksgiving menu. Featuring an all-star voice cast, including Owen Wilson, Woody Harrelson and Amy Poehler, Free Birds is loaded with laughs and stuffed with fun for the whole family!
Blu-Ray Exclusive Features
· Birds Flipping History
· Animating Free Birds: The Main Course
· Winging It: Animators in Action
· Talking Turkey with Composer Dominic Lewis
· Shake a Tail Feather
· Theatrical Trailer
In anticipation of the film’s Blu-ray and DVD release, we’ve compiled a list of fun turkey facts so you can better understand the ins and outs of the Free Birds gang!
⦁ Turkeys need to be trained to eat. In order for turkeys to reach their biggest size, they must be taught to eat small meals throughout the day, instead of their natural routine of consistently gorging themselves on food.
A turkey’s snood (red thing attached to the beak) serves no functional purpose.
A turkey’s gobble can be heard from a mile away. Talk about a loud mouth!
Young turkeys are called “poults.”
Turkeys were domesticated by Native Americans in pre-Columbian Mexico,
more than 500 years ago. They arrived in Spain in 1519 and quickly spread to the rest of Europe.
Turkeys prefer to sleep in trees. They do this as a way of avoiding predators in the wild.
Female turkeys (hens) do not gobble. Instead, they communicate through low-chirps and clicking noises.
Wild turkeys can fly. They are actually quite fast, reaching speeds as fast as 55mph.
Turkeys can blush. This usually takes place when they are frightened, agitated, excited, or ill. And here we thought they were just bashful!
A turkey’s stomach has a container called the gizzard. It contains small stones the turkey has swallowed which help aid with breaking down food for digestion, since the birds do not have teeth.
Check out Free Birds when it trots it way onto Blu-ray and DVD February 4th!
One lucky reader of the GayNYCDad award winning blog, will receive the above Free Birds Blu-ray/DVD!
Mandatory Entry: Sign up for my blog via a feedburner subscription and confirm your subscription! Leave a comment to tell that you have done so and the RSS feed does not count.
1. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/gaynycdad (click above right).
2. Share this contest on your Facebook page using the button on the bottom of the post and share that link in your entry comment here.
3. Retweet this info (you can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post) and leave me a comment with a link to your retweet.
4. Retweet daily and leave a comment daily that you have done this.
5. Extra entry for leaving a comment on a non-giveaway post – you must leave a comment here as well to tell me that you have done so to get the entry.
6. Join me via Google friend connect on the blog and leave me a comment to tell me that you have done so!
7. “Like” my Facebook page here, leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so. If you already like me, just leave a separate comment.
8. Follow me on Instagram and leave a separate comment!
9. Follow me on Pinterest and leave a separate comment!
You must leave a separate comment in the comments field for each entry that you make to be entered! If you are already any of these things, to enter just leave a separate comment reminding me of that! Contest ends midnight, February 9, 2014. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours. Maximum winnings of 2 giveaways per every 90 days. See official rules for more information.
Every entry requires a separate comment!
Thanks and good-luck.