I have 2 laptops that ran Windows 8.0 and have updated one of them! The second 8.0 was on sale, so of course I could not resist, I was happy to get a discount and then update the software myself.
I am sharing these simple instructions for you to update your PC’s from my Windows Champions group:
Follow along with the below steps, and you will be set up in no time:
- Prepare your PC: Back up files; plug in to power; connect to the internet; make sure you have all of the latest updates first, you know, the basics!
- Get the Update: Go to the store and download and install the Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 update; will run in the background. NOTE: Do not play with the software! I personally walk away and do not touch the computer while it is updating! It is just safer that way!
- Restart your PC – when download is finished.
- Choose your settings – use express settings or customize if you like.
- Sign into your Microsoft account and personalize!
Once you have Windows 8.1 installed, you can follow the Tutorial and take advantage of some of the best features available including Snap, personalizing your Start Screen, rearranging apps, and creating groups, Bing Smart Search and Picture Password.
My second laptop is a Lenovo Yoga laptop from last year and I am about to update it using the easy steps above. I have Windows 8.1 on my new desktop (I am old fashioned, I still love my desktop!) and find it to be a little more user friendly, I am excited to use my new software!
Disclosure: I am a Microsoft Windows Champions Ambassador and share this information with you as a courtesy. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.