Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was visually appealing to me because it was full of gorgeous, bright colors. It was hilarious. It brought nothing new to the story telling table, but it did tell the story in a great new way using an extrapolation of the ideas from the first movie. Now Flint Lockwood’s (voiced by the awesome Bill Hader) machine is making foodimals, hybrid food and animal species (and some dinosaurs). What a creative writing staff they have to come up with new foodimal species like cheespiders, mosquitoasts, flamangos, hippotatomuses, watermelophants, apple-piethons, bananostriches, buffaloaves, eggplanatees, the list goes on. I loved the lettucesaurus!
Of course the bad guy wants the machine, of course it looks like the end for our hero and his friends, and of course the strawberry creatures come to their rescue, a timeless story retold in a beautiful, hilarious way! My 10 year old son loved the movie, it is the first time I have seen him want to stay until the credits were done rolling. This is a must see sequel, the kids will love it and so will you!
And, in celebration of this week’s premiere of “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2,” I have a family four-pack of movie tickets from Fandango to give away!
In addition to being the go-to destination for guaranteed tickets, Fandango has partnered with iTunes to bring fans an extra tasty treat: they are giving away free downloads of the first movie to own when you buy tickets to the sequel. We loved the first movie, it had been one of our favorite books during family reading time in Kindergarten, so it brought back extra special memories for me! Now you can catch up with inventor Flint Lockwood and his gang before joining him on his next adventure, in theaters Friday, September 27th!
For more information on “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2” and other family movies, along with the latest trailers, age-specific movie recommendations and ticketing options at more than 21,000 screens nationwide, please visit Fandango’s “Family Room” their online hub to help parents plan the perfect family movie outing! Check it out now!
One lucky reader of the GayNYCDad award winning blog, will receive will receive 4 Tickets to Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, courtesy of Fandango!
Mandatory Entry: Sign up for my blog via a feedburner subscription and confirm your subscription! Leave a comment to tell that you have done so and the RSS feed does not count.
1. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/gaynycdad (click above right).
2. Share this contest on your Facebook page using the button on the bottom of the post and share that link in your entry comment here.
3. Retweet this info (you can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post) and leave me a comment with a link to your retweet.
4. Retweet daily and leave a comment daily that you have done this.
5. Extra entry for leaving a comment on a non-giveaway post – you must leave a comment here as well to tell me that you have done so to get the entry.
6. Join me via Google friend connect on the blog and leave me a comment to tell me that you have done so!
7. “Like” my Facebook page here, leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so. If you already like me, just leave a separate comment.
You must leave a separate comment in the comments field for each entry that you make to be entered! If you are already any of these things, to enter just leave a separate comment reminding me of that! Contest ends midnight, October 6, 2013. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours. Maximum winnings of 2 giveaways per every 90 days. See official rules for more information.
Every entry requires a separate comment!
Thanks and good-luck.
Disclosure: I received complimentary tickets for my son and I to review the movie and am also receiving the same family 4 pack. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.
Bill Hader slipped through my grasp, but the other characters did not!