Tabula Digita is the company behind the award-winning DimensionM educational video game series for math; and now proudly announces the DimensionU Learning System – a universe of educational video games where students practice core K-12 subjects including math, literacy, science and history. Tabula Digita is focused on delivering innovative and effective technology-based educational tools for, middle and high school students.
“Video games, in general, are one of the most powerful learning tools ever introduced to schools because they offer a level of engagement that has kids wanting to learn in order to progress,” said Ntiedo Etuk, chief executive officer and co-founder of Tabula Digita. “With DimensionU, we have taken that compelling concept and created exceptional educational games that immerse students in high-level multimedia experiences where action and strategy converge to tap into students’ intrinsic motivations. In other words, they’re having fun and learning math – and now literacy – skills at the same time!”
Announcing the U Games Summer Challenge!
Now you can keep your math and literacy skills sharp even when school’s out, and pick up some cool prizes on the way! They’re giving away rollerblades, inflatable swimming pools, camping gear, beach volleyball sets, iPod Nanos and more to help you make the most of your Summer!
Just like in the U Games National Scholarship Tournament, you can win prizes for game play, social networking or as a lucky winner drawn at random! There are five rounds of prizes.
Registration for the U Games Summer Challenge is FREE and is open from May 2, 2011 until August 7, 2011 to all U.S. students in grades 3–8. Round 1 starts on May 30, 2011, so register early to get a jump on the competition!
How to get in on the action:
1. Have your child (or do it yourself as your child) go to http://www.dimensionu.com/ and click to register for the Summer Challenge. Register as a student.
2. In the registration process it will ask for a parent email address. Make sure you or your child put in your actual email address so you can get the approval email.
3. Download and install the game to your desktop. When it’s installed, there will be a rainbow U ball icon on your desktop.
4. When you get the approval email, click through the link in the email to approve your child’s participation in the Summer Challenge. Their points from playing won’t count toward the challenge until you approve their participation.
5. To play the game, your child needs to double click the rainbow U ball icon on the desktop and enter the username and password they created when they registered. Rules and tips for play, along with the list of prizes available, are on the website and in the email you received.
My son is entering 3rd grade as of June 28, 2011 at 12:01 pm. Therefore this is perfect for him.
We started a practice last year of reading throughout the summer and this year we had discussed writing. My son practices math as we walk the streets asking me for math problems as we stroll. I will be thrilled to have him stay sharp through the summer, he is very competitive and this will help enhance his abilities and give him a jump on learning for next September!
Thanks to my friend, MP, of the award winning blog, Ask Moxie!
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this post.