November 5, 2009
1. All contests/giveaways/sweepstakes (contests/giveaways/sweepstakes are used interchangeably) are open to US addresses only. Once a prize is mailed, it is no longer the responsibility of the blog, we are not responsible for items lost by the Post Office. If tracking numbers are available they will be provided.
2. Only folks age 18 and older can enter.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries.
5. Winners are determined randomly by the widget on random.org.
6. All contests/giveaways/sweepstakes are “void where prohibited by law.”
7. Any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
8. Contest time ending are EST.
9. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours of entrant being emailed (or listed as per the next sentence, whichever is later) by the blog hosting the contest/giveaway/sweepstakes. Entrant must be a subscriber (mandatory for all contests), so they will get a second notice through the weekly winners listing blog post. It is the responsibility of the winner to respond on a timely basis.
10. Maximum winnings of 2 giveaways per every 90 days. Entrant regains eligibility 90 days from the date of the first of the 2 wins.
11. Entry Conditions and Release:
By entering, each participant (a parent/legal guardian on behalf of participant, if participant is minor) agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or the Contest judges, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest and Promotion, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest and Promotion, acceptance or use or misuse of prize and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and Promotion and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize.
Entrant (entrant’s parent/legal guardian, if entrant is a minor) agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York and that by participating in the Contest, you agree to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. Limitations of Liability
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest play, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
14. If the contest is hosted by an outside agency/firm/brand, then their rules supersede these rules. Also, if the brand or company has a requirement that you cannot win the same prize from different blogs hosting similar contests, then that is the rule we must abide by.
Please email email@example.com with any other concerns.
Updated 11/04/2009, 10/19/2011,12/14,8/2017, 5/20/18