First, I have to start out with my Gorton’s story. You may have heard it before. I met the folks from the brand at Blogher12 last year. I took several $2 coupons from the booth because I am a couponer. While at my mother-in-law’s area supermarket I found a great selection of Gorton’s on sale for 1/3 off. For this cheapskate, when combined with the coupon, that amounted to 50% off the regular price. I stocked up the freezer!
My son does not love to try new things, and my spouse is a very picky eater (his mom is an excellent Italian cook, I will never pass muster with that comparison!). The honest truth is, they both loved the various types of Gorton’s fish that I bought, from Tilapia, to shrimp. Personally, I was thrilled that I was now able to feed my son fish, and I had something to fill up 1 weeknight a week meal wise for my spouse. SO now I use my personal Gorton’s plate to remind me to have fish up to 2x a week!
For this review I purchased the above products with my Gorton’s coupons provided for the review. My spouse loves the Crispy Battered fish, that’s why I always have Panko on hand at home! My son loves the fish sticks, especially when I remember to have lemons for him to squeeze over them! Me, I eat everything as it is cooking! I am thrilled to have an opportunity to provide my family with more variety during the week, planning meals is one of my weekly challenges.
You can also enter the Wicked Good Seafood Sweepstakes daily through October 18th for your chance to win a Wicked Good Trip to Boston, MA for 4 people including airfare, lodging, activities & spending money. Just visit gortons.com or their Facebook page to enter daily!
You can also connect with Gorton’s on Twitter and Pinterest! There are almost always coupons to download, there are always recipes to use, and this is a great way to explore the various products (there are plenty) so you know what you want when you hit that frozen food supermarket aisle!
One lucky reader of the GayNYCDad award winning blog, will receive 2 free product coupons, 1 Gorton’s-branded ship wheel keychain, an assortment of Gorton’s recipe cards and beautiful seaside/Gorton’s postcards!
Mandatory Entry: Sign up for my blog via a feedburner subscription and confirm your subscription! Leave a comment to tell that you have done so and the RSS feed does not count.
1. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/gaynycdad (click above right).
2. Share this contest on your Facebook page using the button on the bottom of the post and share that link in your entry comment here.
3. Retweet this info (you can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post) and leave me a comment with a link to your retweet.
4. Retweet daily and leave a comment daily that you have done this.
5. Extra entry for leaving a comment on a non-giveaway post – you must leave a comment here as well to tell me that you have done so to get the entry.
6. Join me via Google friend connect on the blog and leave me a comment to tell me that you have done so!
7. “Like” my Facebook page here, leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so. If you already like me, just leave a separate comment.
You must leave a separate comment in the comments field for each entry that you make to be entered! If you are already any of these things, to enter just leave a separate comment reminding me of that! Contest ends midnight, October 6, 2013. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours. Maximum winnings of 2 giveaways per every 90 days. See official rules for more information.
Every entry requires a separate comment!
Thanks and good-luck.