Does Back to School Mean Headache Season For You? According to a recent survey by the makers of Excedrin®:
• 69% of parents, who have at least one child in school this coming year, say they are excited for their child’s first day of school. That doesn’t change the fact that 44% of parents also say they expect to get a headache during the back to school season.
• More than one-third of parents* cite getting themselves (41%) and their children (43%) back on a schedule at the top of the list of things that might cause their headaches during the back to school season.
• In addition, more than one-third (35%) of parents say shopping for school supplies might give them a headache. With all the pencils, folders and notebooks, parents should remember to put Excedrin® on their back to school shopping list.
• A large majority of parents (85%) think their schools are in need of new or upgraded supplies such as pencils and paper and computers or software and gym/sporting equipment. And, they are probably right, so Excedrin wants to help!
• To enter the “Help Your School Excel with Excedrin” sweepstakes and have the chance to be one of the five lucky winners, parents simply need to visit Facebook.com/Excedrin for a chance to win $10,000!
What causes your back to school headaches? I can tell you that I never know when to get my son on the first day of school. First, I thought those used to be half days, but thankfully I found out they are not, otherwise he would not get picked up at all!. Also, every year, the spot where I pick up my son changes. From the cafeteria to the gymnasium to the south door and then I believe this year it is the north door. And I already know that the north door is farthest away from my home, if I don’t remember to stay on the other side of the street when heading down the block, I am going to want to say bad things as I try to get through the crowds as we have had scaffolding around our school for over a year already! I am crabby enough, I don’t need to be rushing through throngs of other parents who only care about their individual children! See, I can feel my head pounding already!
And yes, we have had scaffolding surrounding my son’s school for over a year. We pass the school on the way to the camp bus so we have seen some of it come down, but we need all of it down so they can get back to a regular routine. Then it will also be safer in the school, there was already one flood in his 3rd floor classroom during a rainstorm because of the construction. Yes, I worry all the time about my son in this school and what is going to happen next!
And forget about school supplies. I can’t believe after the taxes we pay I still get a huge laundry list of supplies needed for the school year. And then a request for a $400 donation on top of that! I know the money goes to help the students, extra curricular activities, lice checks, and many other things, but it feels like the requests for help never stop all year long. It is exhausting.
Lastly, to help you stock up on Excedrin, I found a coupon on coupons.com. I am not an affiliate so I have no further details, but at $2, that is a good coupon! It was in the personal care subheading.
One lucky reader of the GayNYCDad award winning blog, will receive an Excedrin giveaway package that is meant to help parents stay organized, hydrated and headache-free as they adjust to hectic schedules and spend increasing amounts of time on-the-go. The winner will receive a 2013-2014 academic planner and pen, a magnetic memo board and an aluminum tumbler.
Mandatory Entry: Sign up for my blog via a feedburner subscription and confirm your subscription! Leave a comment to tell that you have done so and the RSS feed does not count.
1. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/gaynycdad (click above right).
2. Share this contest on your Facebook page using the button on the bottom of the post and share that link in your entry comment here.
3. Retweet this info (you can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post) and leave me a comment with a link to your retweet.
4. Retweet daily and leave a comment daily that you have done this.
5. Extra entry for leaving a comment on a non-giveaway post – you must leave a comment here as well to tell me that you have done so to get the entry.
6. Join me via Google friend connect on the blog and leave me a comment to tell me that you have done so!
7. “Like” my Facebook page here, leave me a separate comment telling me you have done so. If you already like me, just leave a separate comment.
You must leave a separate comment in the comments field for each entry that you make to be entered! If you are already any of these things, to enter just leave a separate comment reminding me of that! Contest ends midnight, September 8, 2013. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours. Maximum winnings of 2 giveaways per every 90 days. See official rules for more information.
Every entry requires a separate comment!
Thanks and good-luck.
Disclosure: I am a paid Excedrin® Extra Strength Blog Ambassador. Compensation has been provided by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., the makers of Excedrin® Extra Strength; my journey for a headache-free experience is my own!
And please remember:
• Excedrin® is a trusted brand with more than 50 years’ experience providing effective headache relief.
• Excedrin® Extra Strength is a combination pain reliever – acetaminophen/aspirin/caffeine – that provides temporary relief of headaches. Use only as directed.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Runs 8/15/13 at 9:00:00 AM CDT to 9/15/13 at 11:59:59 PM CDT. Must be 18+, a legal resident of the 50 U.S./D.C., & have a valid email address & Facebook account. See www.facebook.com/excedrin for rules. To enter for free, hand-print your full name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, and name of school, and mail to: “Help Your School Excel With Excedrin® – Free to Enter”, PO Box 11387 South Bend, IN 46634-0387, postmarked by 9/16/13 and received by 9/23/13. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.