Former collegiate wrestler Scott Voss (Kevin James) is a 42-year-old, apathetic high school teacher. When budget cutbacks threaten to cancel some of the school’s programs and lay off its music teacher (Henry Winkler), Scott creates a scheme to raise money by moonlighting as a mixed martial arts fighter. Everyone thinks Scott is crazy – most of all the school nurse, Bella (Salma Hayek). In his quest, Scott gains something he never expected as he inspires his students and becomes a sensation that rallies the entire school.
I saw this movie last year at a special preview. And when I say special, I mean afterwards I got to chat with 2 of the stars, Kevin James and Henry Winkler. I was already big fans of them both, so naturally it was a very exciting day!
And the movie was funny and poignant at the same time. I love Kevin James comedy and his great sense of humor shone through in this movie. It was also unbelievable to listen to him explain that he did all the mixed martial arts himself, he got into amazing shape while filming this.
And we got to talk to the Fonz! OMG, I am from the era when that show was in its first run, what an amazing life that I can meet him in this great blog life, have him remember my name, and then even retweet me!
I am looking forward to receiving my copy of the movie, I know my son wil love it, and I am going to take the opportunity to show him how dedicated teachers can be, and also how important teamwork is. Yes, I am that obnoxious parent, but I think this movie illustrates those things beautifully and I am my son’s teacher at every opportunity!
Feel free to see to read my original review here!
The movie is available on Amazon.com!
Check out the movie website, Boom Movie.
One lucky reader of the GayNYCDad award winning blog, will receive the movie on Blu-ray, Here Comes the Boom!
Mandatory Entry: Sign up for my blog via a feedburner subscription and confirm your subscription! Leave a comment to tell that you have done so and the RSS feed does not count.
1. Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/gaynycdad (click above right).
2. “Like” my Facebook page here.
3. Share this contest on your Facebook page using the button on the bottom of the post and share that link in your entry comment here.
4. Retweet this info (you can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post) and leave me a comment with a link to your retweet.
5. Retweet daily and leave a comment daily that you have done this.
6. Extra entry for leaving a comment on a non-giveaway post – you must leave a comment here as well to tell me that you have done so to get the entry.
7. Join me via Google friend connect on the blog and leave me a comment to tell me that you have done so!
You must leave a separate comment in the comments field for each entry that you make to be entered! If you are already any of these things, to enter just leave a separate comment reminding me of that! Contest ends midnight, February 17, 2013. Prizes must be claimed within 48 hours. Maximum winnings of 2 giveaways per every 90 days. See official rules for more information.
Every entry requires a separate comment!
Thanks and good-luck.